I am a Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist with a passion for human relationships. I am intrigued by the essence of being human with all its joys, sorrows, trials, and tribulations.
I practice from the Satori Health Centre in Garsfontein, Pretoria-East and I am registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as an independent Clinical Psychologist and Neuropsychologist.
Loving my work life and feeling fulfilled in what I do is crucial for me in order to feel happy and centred. One aspect of my work that leaves me feeling deeply fulfilled is the opportunity to use both my head and my heart in unison.
I am passionate about building an empathic relationship, providing understanding and experiencing the privilege of joining people in their most painful, darkest and scariest places but also sharing in their joys and achievements.
I also enjoy analysing their challenges in a logical and systematic manner, linking my scientific understanding of human interaction with the difficulties experienced to construct a holistic understanding.
“The best work you’ll ever do is working on you.”
I have found that using an Integrative Interactional Approach based on Person Centred Principles and an Ecosystemic understanding offers me a frame through which I can balance an understanding of clients’ challenges, whilst collaborating with them to resolve these stumbling blocks.
Interactional psychotherapy assists persons in facilitating effective, sustainable, and satisfying relationships. Based on the individual needs of each client, I assist them in exploring how they relate to their environment.
I thrive on variety in my practice.
As such my practice comprises of various components:
- Outpatient therapy with individuals, couples and families at the Satori Health Centre
- Inpatient therapy at Denmar Psychiatric Hospital
- A wide range of neuropsychological services including assessment and psychotherapy
- Aviation medical assessment
- Functional assessments for insurance purposes
- SARS confirmation of disability assessments
- Medico-legal assessment
My Professional Journey
- 2014 – Present: Private Practice, Christi Gadd Clinical Psychologist & Neuropsychologist
- 2018 – Present: Director, Equilibrium Forensic Psychology
- 2018: Guest lecturer, University of Johannesburg
- 2018: Guest lecturer, University of Pretoria
- 2016 – 2017: Associate Clinical Psychologist, Elton Bloye Neuropsych
- 2014: Guest lecturer, University of Pretoria
- 2012 – 2017: Clinical Psychologist, 1 Military Hospital, South African National Defence Force
- 2010: Intern Clinical Psychologist, Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital & Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital
- 2012 MSc Clinical Psychology – University of Limpopo, Medunsa Campus
- 2009 BSocSci (Hons) Psychology – University of Pretoria
- 2008 BSc Human physiology, Genetics & Psychology – University of Pretoria
Read more about my work history on my LinkedIn profile.